The NOSBIS mission is to enhance quality of life by empowering survivors of Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) to rebuild the essential skills necessary to re-acquire their independence and regain control over their lives, and as well, to educate our communities in order to prevent brain injury in the first place.
1. To provide Case Management services for brain injury survivors that includes initial survivor evaluation, rehabilitation plan development, plan implementation, and subsequent survivor evaluation.
2. To provide essential Life Skills Programs to teach brain injury survivors appropriate coping skills.
3. To advocate for services that meet the needs of brain injury survivors and their caregivers.
4. To provide support for caregivers and survivors of brain injury.
5. To prevent brain injury by educating our communities about the causes and effect of brain injuries. This may include incidence, causation, symptoms, effects and rehabilitation.
6. To develop a financially and structurally sound organization.